Saturday 15 December 2012

Little Men & Hairy Feet

Yay! It's here! The long awaited first installment of The Hobbit!

I have to say, I am not entirely convinced that this story really requires a three film venture and the cynic in me thinks it is something of a money spinning ploy because, let's face it, fans are going to go to all three. I know I will be.

I remember reading The Hobbit at school and fell in love with Bilbo Baggins and his friends. I have revisited the story many times since and, although it was originally written for children, it is a fantastic tale with many sub plots and adult themes. Of course, I'm not going to discuss them. It's for you to make your own mind up.

And if that wasn't enough excitement, January sees the release of the new Les Miserables film with a whole cast of well known faces singing their hearts out, not least of which is the delectable Hugh Jackman.

Of course, that means that I have been scurrying up to the attic to dig out my copies of the books so that I can prepare myself. This earns a scowl from hubby who really can't understand why I would want to re read a book again and again when I buy about 500 new ones a year! Hmmm...

This invariably means that my writing has taking a backseat yet again, my lethargy aided by a cold that started at the beginning of the week and is still lingering. I blame it on my flu jab, which I had the previous week, still nothing to be done.

I will be taking a journey to Hobbiton and beyond on Tuesday, what more inspiration could I need?


No comments:

Post a Comment