Saturday 24 November 2012

Pure Indulgences & Celebrations

So it's the time of year when we scurry around frantically looking for presents to buy for our family and friends. Okay, confession time... I have already written all of my Christmas cards and all of my presents are bought and wrapped, so no scurrying around there. Some say it's my star sign (I'm Virgo, in case you hadn't already guessed), others say I'm a little OCD. I just like to think that I am organised.

Whatever you think, it means that I have more time to indulge. For example, whilst other shoppers will be battling the cold, wind and rain on Wednesday (no, I'm not psychic, but something tells me at least one of those elements will be in force), I will be relaxing in our local cinema watching Skyfall.

Yes, again, as I said to hubby when I informed him. I couldn't let a close friend go on her own, now could I?

Of course, I'm also taking it as a little premature treat to celebrate the publication of my latest romance ebook on 1st December.

It's been a busy few months. With my dad being poorly, I haven't achieved as much as I would have liked in these last few months. However, things are getting back on track now. I might have mentioned it before, but I once read that you have to celebrate every achievement, whatever the size.

This week I have written two short stories, scribbled ideas to edit another that I had critiqued, almost completed a trailer for my upcoming book release, and compiled a list of  new and ongoing projects that I would like to work on in 2013.

So I think I've earned a wee reward. How about you? What have you achieved recently? Did you celebrate it? If so, how?  If not, why not?

Oh, and did I mention The Hobbit? 

No comments:

Post a Comment