Thursday 3 May 2012

Ebb And Flow

Well, I'm finally looking forward to having a week and a half off work. Not that I work too hard, mind. On saying that, the two and three quarter hours I spend doing my cleaning job a day still means less time spent writing.

I usually wield my mop whilst sending my imagination into all sorts of places. Muses inspire at any time and anywhere...usually in the early hours so that hubby feels like he's about to be interrogated when the light zaps on. Or in the bath, which is why I always take pencil and paper with me (pencils work when wet).

There are huge debates and conflicts of opinion about writers block. Does it exist? Doesn't it? Is it simply an excuse?

What do you think?

Personally, I think that some are too quick to judge. There are times when things just don't flow. Then there are times when the ideas just keep on coming. I think that the trick is to not sweat the small stuff. Go with the flow... or ebb... and not beat yourself up about it.

And seeing as I now have a week and a half without my mop.... Come on muse

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment