Sunday 15 December 2013

From Little Acorns...

Well 2013 is almost at an end and, to be honest, I am glad. This year has been one of my worst to date. There have been a lot of emotional and personal crises and everything in my life has suffered as a result.

At the end of 2012 I decided that I wanted to publish an erotic anthology. That never came to pass and I haven't really done much writing this year. However, I am now licking wounds that are starting to heal over and my Muse is slowly returning and giving me gentle prods in the direction of the written word.

Are you like me? Do you beat yourself up if  you only manage to sit at your computer or with pen in hand for ten minutes? Do you curse if you find that, to your own eyes, you have written a load of gibberish?

Take heart!

I can't remember which famous person said that you can edit bad writing but you can't edit a blank page. All I do know, is that it is true.

So, even when I aren't in the mood for writing I apply that well used BOCHOK method and get on with it.  I managed 2 hours the other day. Yesterday I managed fifteen minutes.

But the important thing is that I am writing, again.

I recently came across this Chinese proverb:

'Don't be afraid of growing slowly, only be afraid of standing still.'

This blog, the first for a long time, might seem like a lesson in how granny should suck eggs. It isn't meant to be. It's a little bit of encouragement for all of you who are feeling jaded, or being too self critical.

Relax and breathe. Every small step is a small step forward, and another step closer to your goal.

Remember, from little acorns.....

No comments:

Post a Comment