Saturday 12 January 2013

Les Miserables, Snow, Notepads & Guest Blogs

Well, great excitement is in the air. Yes, I'm talking about snow!!! Did you really think I was talking about the long awaited film based on Monsieur Hugo's fantastic novel?  The one I have been so excited about seeing since last year? (yes, I know that wasn't all that long ago!).

To be honest, I hate snow. No, that's not true. I love looking at it when I am curled up in front of the fire with a good book and a glass of fine merlot or cup of hot chocolate. I can even be tempted to go for a walk in the pristine stuff but I hate being cold. Just the thought of it makes me want to turn up the thermostat on the radiator.

Of course, apart from nipping to the local cinema to view Les Miserables this week, me thinks it is going to be a week to lock myself away in my study with my muse. I have a lot of editing to do but, guess what?...
Yup, you got it, my overactive brain is telling me to choose one of my lovely A4 notepads from the shelf, pick up my pen and start writing a fresh story.

There is something so exciting, so cathartic about opening a pad and putting the first pen strokes on that pristine white page. I have never been one for writing straight onto the pc. In fact, I find it difficult to be inspired when I look at a blank pc screen with the cursor flashing as though it is tapping its foot in impatience for me to get on with it.

Call me old fashioned but I love the feel and sound of a pen scratching and flowing across the page as my imagination casts me off into a world of make believe. In fact I get so carried way that, quite often when I come to read my words as I am typing them up and editting, I can't decipher some of the barely legible scrawl.

So, tell me, are you like me? Or with all this technology, do you prefer to type your first drafts? Or have you trained yourself to do that? I would be interested to know.

Also, here's something that people might be able to help me with...
I am pretty new to blogging and am considering having guest bloggers on my site. Does anyone know how this works? If so, any help or advice would be much appreciated. And if you would like to be a guest blogger well, even better.

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jayne,
    Must admit I adore the written hand but I struggle with speed and hand cramps so I favour using a computer, but I have been using a computer for many years now so I can type without looking and I find this let's me flow quicker with what's in my head.

    Sorry not a clue about guest blog, I'm useless at blogs :)

    ReplyDelete